Find a Cardiologist
Tell me more about cardiology...
Cardiology is the study of the heart, its action and diseases. Cardiologists are physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of heart attacks, heart defects, heart disease and other disorders.
How to Choose a Cardiologist
Choosing a cardiologist is one of the most important decisions you make with regard to your heart health. Here are some tips to keep in mind when searching for a cardiologist:
- Ask your primary care physician for a referral to a cardiologist they trust.
- Also seek recommendations from friends, family and co-workers.
- Check to see which cardiologists are included among your insurance’s specialty providers.
- Use your internet resources and research reviews, credentials and locations of cardiologists in your area.
- Select a cardiologist with whom you feel comfortable asking questions and who listens in return.
- Consider the cardiologist’s availability in scheduling appointments as well as ease of access in reaching the office.
- Atherosclerosis: The thickening of the artery wall as a result of fatty-build up.
- Cardiomyopathy: The deterioration of the heart muscle.
- Congenital Heart Defects: Defects in heart structure which are present from birth.
- Coronary Heart Disease: The lack of adequate circulation to cardiac muscles and tissue.
- Endocarditis: The inflammation of the inner layer of the heart.
- Heart attack (Myocardial Infarction): The interruption of blood supply to the heart.
- High Cholesterol: The presence of high cholesterol counts within the blood.
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Chronic elevation of arterial blood pressure.
- Pericarditis: Inflammation of the pericardium, the fibrous sac surrounding the heart.
- Valve Disorders: Disorders vary including obstructions, inefficiencies and abnormal narrowing.
Cardiologists perform a variety of tests and treatments ranging from minimally invasive to major surgeries. The most common cardiology procedures include:
- Balloon Angioplasty
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Bypass Surgery
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Open Heart Surgery
- Holter Monitor
- Valve Repair
- Valve Replacement
Blake Medical Center
Brandon Regional Hospital
Central Florida Regional Hospital
New Port Richey, FL
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Edward White Hospital
St. Petersburg, FL
Englewood Community Hospital
Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Port Charlotte, FL
Largo Medical Center
St. Petersburg, FL
Find a Doctor Near You
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Consult-A-Nurse® at
Our Medical Team
To find a doctor, browse the specialty lists below or call (800) 616-1927.